[Lcdproc] Seg Fault with Edgy and HD44780

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Seg Fault with Edgy and HD44780
  • Date: Tue Oct 31 18:07:02 2006

Hi Aaron,

On Tuesday, 31. October 2006 16:43, Aaron Katz wrote:
> a desktop server to which i have an lcd module attached (a
> hd44780). I had the server upgrade to ubunutu edgy from dapper and the
> module worked just fine. But over the weekend i did a fresh install of
> edgy and now it will not work. WHen i try to load the hd44780 driver
> with lcdproc server is just segfaults. It does this under my server and
> laptop (both edgy) and under my custom .18 kernel and the standard
> ubuntu one
>
> I have run gdb and gotten two different results on my 18 kernel i get :
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.
>
> Program exited normally.
> and with the standard just:
> Program exited normally.
>
> Is this something to do with the compiliers in edgy or my system (The
> package in the repos also gives the same results)

I am currently running LCDproc 0.5.1+CVS (from a few days ago) without any
problems with a stock Debian 2.6.18 kernel.
But I do not have a hd44780 that is attached to the parallel interface.

Therefore just a wild guess:
Maybe you got a problem with the parallel port drivers on the system...

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marschall