[Lcdproc] Seg Fault with Edgy and HD44780

  • From: aaronkatz AT rogers.com (Aaron Katz)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Seg Fault with Edgy and HD44780
  • Date: Tue Oct 31 15:44:02 2006

Hi Guys....
I have a desktop server to which i have an lcd module attached (a
hd44780). I had the server upgrade to ubunutu edgy from dapper and the
module worked just fine. But over the weekend i did a fresh install of
edgy and now it will not work. WHen i try to load the hd44780 driver
with lcdproc server is just segfaults. It does this under my server and
laptop (both edgy) and under my custom .18 kernel and the standard
ubuntu one

I have run gdb and gotten two different results on my 18 kernel i get :
Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

Program exited normally.
and with the standard just:
Program exited normally.

Is this something to do with the compiliers in edgy or my system (The
package in the repos also gives the same results)