[Lcdproc] Header files for select() in CFontz633io.c

  • From: bsdfan AT nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Header files for select() in CFontz633io.c
  • Date: Mon Oct 16 21:18:01 2006

Hello,

while testing the 0.5.1 FreeBSD port on the different version I came
across this error on FreeBSD 4.11:

CFontz633io.c: In function `SyncReceiveBuffer':
CFontz633io.c:287: storage size of `timeout' isn't known
CFontz633io.c:287: warning: unused variable `timeout'
*** Error code 1

Stop in
/usr/home/mmdolze/smoketest/lcdproc/stable-0-5-x-FreeBSD-4.11-RELEASE-i386/server/drivers.
*** Error code 1

Looking more closely at the included headers I found out, that
HAVE_SYS_SEELCT_H is defined on this system, but the definition for
select() is in unistd.h. This applies only to FreeBSD version 4.x, newer
versions define it in sys/select.h.

For the 0.5.1 port I removed the #ifdef around the included header files
so sys/select.h, sys/types.h and sys/time.h are always included.

I wonder if acinclude.m4 can be changed to check for the actual presence
of select() in unistd.h or select.h so CFontz633io.c can include the
correct headers.

For a full config.log and make log see the nightly smoketests. I wonder
why this worked before, because the headers are included since last year
already...

Regards
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] Header files for select() in CFontz633io.c, Markus Dolze, 10/16/2006