[Lcdproc] Patch for CW1602 USB, lcdproc 0.5.0

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch for CW1602 USB, lcdproc 0.5.0
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 17:24:01 2006

Hi,

On Friday, 29. September 2006 15:23, Tomislav Secen wrote:
> Peter Marschall wrote:
> > I am working on a version of the driver that supports both the 12232 and
> > the 1602 and I hope to have a 1st draft ready this afternoon.
> > Do you mind testing it if I send you the files ?

Here we go with the 1st draft:

Here's how to test the two files (just in case):
- extract a quite recent CVS version of LCDproc
- copy the two files I sent you over the ones with the same names
  in the server/drivers/ sub-directory of the source directory
- run ./configure with the options you like/need
- run make
- edit LCDd.conf in the source dircetory according to your installation
   * the Driver=CwLnx directive in the [server] section
It is important not to change the DriverPath directive in the
[server] section. It needs to stay:
DriverPath=server/drivers/
   * the directives in the [CwLnx] section
Don't forget to add a directive
Model=1602
in there to make the driver aware that you have a character display.
- make sure any other LCDd daemon is stopped
- start LCDd from the source directory using the command line
   ./server/LCDd -c ./LCDd.conf
  plus the other command line options you like/need.
  Note: the -c ./LCDd.conf part is crucial. If you leave it out
  LCDd will use the default LCDd.conf file which has the
  DriverPath setting pointing to your originial driver
  directory with the old CwLnx driver.
- use any LCDproc client to check how LCDd with the new driver
  behaves.

Please test and report feedback.
The driver should:
- be able to show icons as well as horizontal and vertical bars
- use the standard heartbeat

Thanks for testing
Peter

--