[Lcdproc] Patch for CW1602 USB, lcdproc 0.5.0

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch for CW1602 USB, lcdproc 0.5.0
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 13:17:02 2006

Hi,

On Friday, 29. September 2006 12:43, Tomislav Secen wrote:
> Yes, it came to me only later that the CW12232 is completely different
> display ... sorry for the confusion.

Not so much different.
It has almost the same command set:
only a few commands more and a subtle differnce in the set_char command.

> As I'm already behind schedule with this project and I will have the
> hardware just for the next few days, I don't intend to spend any more time
> on it, because I encountered other issues with lcdproc and CW1602 that I
> can't solve - the main one being that after entering Options menu, and
> changing the
> heartbeat options and/or CwLnx options, in a short while, most (all?)
> writes to LCD fail, screen becomes garbled. Retrying the failed writes in
> WriteLCD routine doesn't help one bit ...

This might be related to the trick thart the CwLnx driver currently does with
the heartbeat.

I am working on a version of the driver that supports both the 12232 and the
1602 and I hope to have a 1st draft ready this afternoon.
Do you mind testing it if I send you the files ?

CU
Peter

--
Peter Marschall