[Lcdproc] CVS changes for CF63* users

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CVS changes for CF63* users
  • Date: Fri Sep 29 11:33:02 2006

Hi Michelle,

On Thursday, 28. September 2006 23:45, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> Peter:
>
> Your recent changes for graphics on Matrix Orbital LCD displays didn't work
> (no change) - is there any update in this release?

It is hard for me to improve the MtxOrb driver without the Hardware to test.
Especially as I am sure that I re-wrote the driver according to the
specification published by MatrixOrbital on their web site.

How did you exactly perform the tests with the 2 files I sent to you ?

Did you perform the steps:
- extract a quite recent CVS version of LCDproc
- copy the two files I sent you over the ones with the same names
in the server/drivers/ sub-directory of the source directory
- run ./configure with the options you like/need
- run make

After that step there are two options
- run the daemon from the source directory without installation
- install LCDproc

I suggest running it from the source directory wouthout installation.
It has the advantage of keeping your installed version O.K.
This involves the steps:
- edit LCDd.conf in the source dircetory according to your installation
* the Driver=MtxOrb directive in the [server] section
* the directives in the [MtxOrb] section
It is important to leave the DriverPath directive in the [server] section
alone. It needs to be: DriverPath=server/drivers/
- make sure any other LCDd daemon is stopped
- start LCDd from the source directory using the command line
./server/LCDd -c ./LCDd.conf
plus the other command line options you like/need.
Note: the -c ./LCDd.conf part is crucial. If you leave it out
LCDd will use the default LCDd.conf file which has the
DriverPath= setting pointing to your originial driver
directory with the old MtxOrb driver.
- use any LCDproc client to check how LCDd with the new driver
behaves.

Would you mind to re-test with the steps above ?

CU
PEter

PS: If you speak C, you're welcome to send patches with fixes for driver bugs.

--
Peter Marschall
peter AT adpm.de