[Lcdproc] vlsystem LIS MCE VFD

  • From: pearlous AT gmail.com (Johnny Earnest)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] vlsystem LIS MCE VFD
  • Date: Mon Sep 25 02:45:01 2006

Hello lcdproc'ers,
I just got a great new case for my MythTV (
http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc280.htm) and it came with a slick looking VFD
from vlsystem. It's called the LIS MCE (
http://www.vlsys.co.kr/English/product_lis_mce.php). I've been trying to
get it working by using the HD44780 driver and "ConnectionType=lis2". I've
got lcdd running with out complaining and lcdproc acts like it working, but
nothing is showing up on the display other than the welcome sceen that has
been there since first powering up the case. Has anyone tested the LIS
MCE? Does anyone have it working (as if I could be that lucky)?

So lcdd runs and lcdproc talks to it, but the display does nothing....

/etc/LCDd.conf driver section

## Hitachi HD44780 driver ##
[hd44780]

# Port where the LPT is. Usual values are 0x278, 0x378 and 0x3BC
#Port=0x378
Device=/dev/ttyUSB0

# Select what type of connection. See documentation for types.
ConnectionType=lis2

# If you have a keypad connected.
# You may also need to configure the keypad layout further on in this file.
Keypad=no

# set the initial contrast (for bwctusb only) [default: 0; legal: 0 - 1000]
Contrast=0

# If you have a switchable backlight.
Backlight=no

# If you have the additional output port ("bargraph") and you want to
root@mythbox:/myth/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/server/drivers# vi /etc/LCDd.conf
root@mythbox:/myth/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/server/drivers# vi /etc/LCDd.conf
#DelayMult=2

# You can reduce the inserted delays by setting this to false.
# On fast PCs it is possible your LCD does not respond correctly.
# Default: true.
DelayBus=true

# If you have a keypad you can assign keystrings to the keys.
# See documentation for used terms and how to wire it.
# For example to give directly connected key 4 the string "Enter", use:
# KeyDirect_4=Enter
# For matrix keys use the X and Y coordinates of the key:
# KeyMatrix_1_3=Enter
#KeyMatrix_4_1=Enter
#KeyMatrix_4_2=Up
#KeyMatrix_4_3=Down