[Lcdproc] Missing CPU values

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Missing CPU values
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 19:01:02 2006

Hi,

On Tuesday, 19. September 2006 02:56, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> My LCD is a Matrix Orbital LK 212 (LCD 20char x 2 lines). I'm using
> lcdproc "lcdproc-CVS-current-20060912".
>
> None of the screens show any bar graphs, and I'm using Fedora Core 5 kernel
> 2.6.17

that explains it.
The MtxOrb driver does currently not support custom characters.

I have given the MtxOrb driver a general overhaul, removing all the cruft
from obsolete versions.

It now should be able to display icons, bar graphs and even big numbers.

I do not want to bring it into CVS without further tests.
But I append it here for testing.
Simply copy the files over the vrsion from the CVS.

Please test and report information so that I can
a) add it to CVS
b) fix bugs that maybe remain in it.

Please note:
I do not own the hardware, so I am not able to test it.
Without tests the code will not make it into CVS.
The code is formed along the line that I have written nother drivers
with only hardware specific commands taken from the original code
(and the specifications on MatrixOrbital's web site).
Therefore I am quite convinced it should work in general.

But of course nobody hinders you from improving it and sending patches ;-)

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marschall