[Lcdproc] Release 0.5.1 ?

  • From: steve AT nexusuk.org (Steve Hill)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Release 0.5.1 ?
  • Date: Tue Sep 19 08:31:01 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Russell Krayer wrote:

> I have lcdproc-CVS-current-20060918 with CFONTZ633_WRITE_DELAY=50 running
> seemingly flawlessly on my PowerPC-based gentoo box (a kurobox) with gcc
> 4.1.1.

I also have it working without problems under Fedora Core 4 with the write
delay set to 50.

There is a bug with the keypad input handling in the CFontzPacket driver
though:
Since it does differential updates to the screen instead of refreshing
the whole screen each render cycle, if nothing has changed on the screen
it never sends a packet to the display (this happens if you have heartbeat
turned off). The key-press packets are only read from the port while
waiting for an ACK after sending a command to the display, so if the
data in the frame buffer doesn't change it never looks for any key-press
packets.

I've worked around this by making it to send a "ping" command to the
display on every render cycle. It's a bit of a kludge, but it works.

--

- Steve

xmpp:steve AT nexusuk.org

sip:steve AT nexusuk.org