[Lcdproc] Release 0.5.1 ?

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Release 0.5.1 ?
  • Date: Mon Sep 18 19:30:02 2006

Hi Jannis, hi list,

On Monday, 18. September 2006 18:04, Jannis Achstetter wrote:
> What about releasing 0.5.1 as there have been nice fixes to some
> drivers (including the CF-635). I think it would be better for new
> users to have these devices working with stable code as to tell them
> they have to checkout CVS.

I was considering making a pre-announcement of an upcoming LCDproc 0.5.1
release in the next few days.

I wanted to wait a few days before the announcement since I did not get any
feedback regarding the CFONTZ633_WRITE_DELAY issue yet.

In the mean time (i.e. in the last 3 days ;-) I have
* upgraded the man pages a bit so that they reflext the reality better
* improved (and documented) the config file parser logic so that it now
- accepts spaces around keys and values
- accepts spaces in the section labels
(might save a few lines in lcdexec.conf ;-)
- returns failure on parsing errors
all this while keeping compatibility with the existing config file parser

Athough this is not the official announcement of an upcoming 0.5.1 release:
Please check out tonight's tar ball and test it !
Please report any failures or bugs you encounter to help shake out
bugs in CVS and make the upcoming release as good as possible.
(even better: send patches fixing bugs)

Regards
Peter

--