[Lcdproc] LEDs on CFA-635 20x4 6buttons

  • From: rhammock AT speakeasy.net (Randy Hammock)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LEDs on CFA-635 20x4 6buttons
  • Date: Fri Sep 15 17:26:01 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 17:16 +0200, Peter Marschall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday, 15. September 2006 13:47,
> RavensWorld AT gmx.de
> wrote:
> > Is there a possiblity to control the LEDs on the CFA-635
> > or is there an implemnetation for the drivers/LCDd?
> > What is the default status of the LEDs (green/red)?

Here is an example of code controlling the LEDs on a CFA-635. This code
segment is from a Ham Radio VoIP station monitor. The important parts
are the setting og the led variable. The led |= is used to turn LEDs ON
and the led &= is used to turn LEDs OFF.

// Use LEDs to display various status': PTT, AUX1, COS, DTMF
// The top LED is used for PTT and COS activity.
// COS Active (radio is receiving) is indicated by GREEN;
// PTT Active (radio is transmitting) is indicated by RED;
// IF node is full-duplex capable, simultaneous COS and PTT
// active is indicated by the top LED being YELLOW.
if ((status & PTT)||(status & AUX1)) // Test PTT/AUX1 activity
led |= 0x10; // PTT/AUX1 Active
else
led &= 0xEF; // PTT/AUX1 Inactive
if (status & COS) // Test COS activity
led |= 0x01; // COS Active
else
led &= 0xFE; // COS Inactive
// The second from top LED is used for DTMF activity.
// DTMF Active is indicated by YELLOW (RED and GREEN ON)
if ((status >> 3) & 0x000f) // Test DTMF activity
led |= 0x22; // DTMF Active
else
led &= 0xDD; // DTMF Inactive
sprintf (buffer, "output %d\n", led);
sock_send_string (sock, buffer); // Set LED Display

--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
IRLP 4494 EchoLink 120688 (KC6HUR-L)