[Lcdproc] Re: Reading sensors and setting GPO

  • From: zoxed_c AT arcor.de (Simon Kellett)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Re: Reading sensors and setting GPO
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 19:47:01 2006

"Technical Support"
<support AT ocg.ca>
writes:

> I rtfm, and have a question (sorry if I missed this) - can lcdproc
> read sensors and set GPO outputs associated with some LCD products?
> (For example Matrix Orbital has 4 thermal sensors and 4 general
> purpose outputs on their LCD controller board).

AFAIK not. But I have been working on it for my MO display, but that is
in lcdproc 0.4.5

My hacked lcdclient reads the mobo temp. via /sysfs, and then sets the
fan speed powered via the MO display and LCDd.

I have 2 1-wire temperature sensors wired up, but so far have not yet
written the code to read them. But for a C-programmer it is quite easy:
just copy the current methods in the Server s/w and send the correct
bytes to the MO display (see the MO PDF manual).

When I get time I will port it to 0.5.x, finish it and submit it !!

--
Simon Kellett, Darmstadt, Germany