[Lcdproc] simple LCDProc on OSX setup

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] simple LCDProc on OSX setup
  • Date: Sun Aug 27 20:54:02 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 27. August 2006 04:51, Russell Jones wrote:
> 1. I understand that LCDProc is said to run on Darwin now, does that
> include OS X (Tiger) specifically? Are there any differences I should
> make note of before investing in hardware? Like, are some parts of
> LCDProc's featureset unavailable?
I cannot tell whether LCDproc runs on Tiger.
But I am not aware of any feature differences between Darwin and other
platform.
As a first test you might try compiling LCDproc on Tiger and see whether
it produces a runable binary. Next step: try it with the curses driver that
does not need special hardware.

> 2. Ideally, I'm looking for a USB blue-tinted backlit LCD, sort of
> like the Crystalfontz "CFA634-TMC-KU" (20x4) that's as conflict free
> with OS X as possible. Is anyone running OS X with LCDProc that could
> recommend their solution?
There are users that currently have issues with the CFA634
I'd rather suggest the USB variants of the CFA631 or CFA635
which I oen myself and which work flawlessly (when compiled correctly ;-)
on my PC.

> Please do pardon my inexperience, I've been monitoring the group for
> well over a year now (in between other hobbies) and have gotten the
> feeling LCDProc might just be functional on OS X now. Thanks for
> letting me ask :)
You're welcome

Peter
--