[Lcdproc] simple LCDProc on OSX setup

  • From: spam AT codeofficer.com (Russell Jones)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] simple LCDProc on OSX setup
  • Date: Sun Aug 27 19:53:01 2006

No takers eh? Probably not many running it on macs anyhow i guess.

-Russ

On Aug 26, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Russell Jones wrote:

Hey all, I have 2 questions I would like to ask the group ...

1. I understand that LCDProc is said to run on Darwin now, does that include OS X (Tiger) specifically? Are there any differences I should make note of before investing in hardware? Like, are some parts of LCDProc's featureset unavailable?

2. Ideally, I'm looking for a USB blue-tinted backlit LCD, sort of like the Crystalfontz "CFA634-TMC-KU" (20x4) that's as conflict free with OS X as possible. Is anyone running OS X with LCDProc that could recommend their solution?

Please do pardon my inexperience, I've been monitoring the group for well over a year now (in between other hobbies) and have gotten the feeling LCDProc might just be functional on OS X now. Thanks for letting me ask :)

-Russ Jones