[Lcdproc] New LCDproc driver

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New LCDproc driver
  • Date: Sun Aug 13 11:55:02 2006

Hi C=C3=A9dric,

On Sunday, 6. August 2006 21:31, NeZetiC wrote:
> Le 6 ao=C3=BBt 06 =C3=A0 14:30, Peter Marschall a =C3=A9crit :
> > Why don't you send in the patch or publish it on your web site so
> > that we can
> > have a look and can check whether it is considerd ready for inclusion.
> > I.e. whether it integrates with the build system, wthether it is
> > documented, ...)
>
> Ok, I made a tarzip with driver sources, a README and a patch for
> lcdproc-client.
> You can download it at : http://www.nezetic.info/node/46
>
> Driver is ready to integrate (I have integrate it in my lcdproc
> version using your documentation, autogen.sh & co).

Please provide the patches to integrate the driver into LCDproc too:
=2D acinclude.m4 (for the driver selection in
./configure)
=2D server/drivers/Makefile.am (for how to make the driver)
=2D LCDd.conf (for the driver configuration)
=2D docs/LCDd.8 (info about the driver in the LCDd man page)
=2D docs/lcdproc/user/drivers/XXX.docbook (info about the driver)

Especially the documentation is important as it allows other=20
people to get to know the driver and its uses without having to=20
browse through the code and ask on the mailing ist.
=20
Please use the CVS version (the nightly tar balls are O.K)
for that as it may slightly differ from the 0.5 version.

> There is just a problem with the patch for lcdproc client. If you use
> it, you MUST use EyeboxOne driver (or you will have funny characters
> in the screen with others ;) )
I hope you understand that this patch will not make it into the release=20
without changes.
I see a few options:
=2D add a patch file to the CVS containing the patch
=2D modify the patch so that it is hidden behind=20
#ifdef LCDPROC_EYEBOXONE
<your code>
#endif
If anybody then wants the functionality he can then configure
lcdproc with this define
CPPFLAGS=3D-DLCDPROC_EYEBOXONE ./configure ....
and the extended functionality is available to him/her

Best regards
Peter

=2D-=20
Peter Marschall