[Lcdproc] LCDproc-0.5.0 with CFontz driver baud rate issue?

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc-0.5.0 with CFontz driver baud rate issue?
  • Date: Sun Aug 13 09:36:01 2006

Hi,

please keep your replies to the list so that others might help as well.

On Sunday, 13. August 2006 02:53, Shane Castlen wrote:
> >A lot of work has gone into the CFontz driver recently.
> >You may try the nightly tar ball from CVS which is available from
> > http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
> >and play aound with the options in the LCDd.conf file for the CFontz
> >driver.
>
> Thanks. Made some progress. Compiled the latest source. Set the contrast
> to the default 560?. Still getting some strange characters. Changed the
> size to 18x2. That helped some. Still need to play with it some more.
> Being my first experience with this, not really familiar with what all
> should be happening and what all can be happening.

Unfortunately I do not own a CFA-632 or CFA-634 myself.
So I cannot really test the code.

Did you try with the parameter NewFirmware=0 ?
Did it change the output somehow ?

If you have a CFA-632 with a firmware >= 2.0 (shown in the boot screen of the
LCD), NewFirmware=1 should be O.K in principle.
With lower firmware versions it should be set to 0.

Other users have reported similar problems with some garbled characters.

I guess the problem is in the function CFontz_flush() where I output simple
characters as well as commands to write directly to the LCD in one write
(the for (...) loop from line 360 to 376).
Maybe splitting these commands in to multiple writes (regular charactrs in
a bunch, one special character, ....) can help.

If I am doing the coding this will be a very time consuming task as
I am not able to test it.

So, everybody with a cFA-632 or CFA-634, please have alook at the
CFontz_flush() function in the CFontz.c file !!

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marschall