[Lcdproc] Newb with install troubles.

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Newb with install troubles.
  • Date: Sun Aug 13 09:24:01 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 13. August 2006 03:05, Joey French wrote:
> Oh man, I have been at this all day long, and still have no working lcd. I
> am closer, but still no love. I am attaching my LCDd.conf, just in the
> hopes that someone has some more ideas for me to explore. Thanks for the
> help so far!
This does not help very much as the [hd44780] section of the LCDd.conf
is exactly the one shipped with LCDdproc.
You did not adapt it to your setup at all.

How shall we help you if you do not provide the information required
to find out what the problem might be:
* What error messages do you get ?
* What port is your LCD connected to ?
* How is your LCD wired ?

LCDproc supports quite a few wirings for the HD44780 LCD type.
You can specify them using the "ConnectionType" parameter
in the [hd44780] section of LCDd.conf
The port where your LCD hangs is given by the "Port" parameter in
the same section.

Regards
Peter

--