[Lcdproc] Menus and Actions

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Menus and Actions
  • Date: Sat Aug 12 19:36:01 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 6. August 2006 22:06, david wrote:
> > > I've just discover LCDproc, and try to understand how it works.
> > >
> > > I use LCDproc via sockets (port : 13666).
> > > When I disconnect, the screens are deleted.
> > > Can I keep them saved after the disconnection ?
> >
> > No, at least not currently. Otherwise screens could get left orphaned
> > and maybe an other client could hijack them. But maybe it would be a
> > nice feature if you could leave the screen with a password to
> > reconnect... Only the owning client should know the password.
> > If you want to write that code, go ahead.
> >
> > > I study the menus functionnality of LCDproc.
> > > Can LCDproc itself launch an application or script when an action is
> > > selected ?
> > > Or, do I have to have a daemon connected by sockets (13666) and parse
> > > all events ?
>
> I don't have enough knowledge in C to modify lcdproc code.
> But I'm writting a perl script that keep socket with lcdproc up, and can
> manage a menus system from a simply config file.
> I'm a beginner with perl, i don't know if I will be able to achieve my
> goal :
> Navigate in menus using lirc and control MPD daemon.

If you only want to execute a command depending on a menu selection,
you do not need to write C code.
All you need to do is to adapt lcdexec's configuration file so that it fits
your needs and start the lcdexec daemon.

Please use nightly tar ball the CVS version of LCDproc as the lcdexec
there has seen an overhaul revently.

Regards
Peter

--