[Lcdproc] Problems with Pyramid LCD

  • From: stepan AT coresystems.de (Stefan Reinauer)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Problems with Pyramid LCD
  • Date: Thu Aug 10 20:42:01 2006

*
tlovelac AT midsouth.rr.com

<tlovelac AT midsouth.rr.com>
[060810 04:59]:
> Thanks for the reply. I am guessing my problem is that I am not running
> a recent enough kernel. The software I am using is still in the 2.4
> train and may be a little while before they get to the 2.6 code. Is
> there no way to use this LCD with that?

honestly I never tried. Check if 2.4 has ftdi_sio.c and whether you can
basically apply this patch

http://www.pyramid.de/d/downloads/patch-4-linux-2.6.13-14.txt

... plugging the LCD into a USB port should load the ftdi_sio.ko driver
and create a ttyUSB0 for you. If it does, this is probably going to
work.

HTH

Stefan

Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email:
info AT coresystems.de
• http://www.coresystems.de/