[Lcdproc] "Best" serializer command set to emulate?

  • From: matteo.pillon AT email.it (Matteo Pillon)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] "Best" serializer command set to emulate?
  • Date: Thu Aug 10 09:59:01 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 09:30:30AM +1200, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> >There are already much serial interfaces out there, also one based on
> >ATtiny2313:
> >http://www.xs4all.nl/~mlf/los/
>
> I had not seen that particular one, but it seems to be somewhat new.
> It has some promise, but it doesn't seem ready to go yet.

I have one on my desk.
Output works fine and keypad input works, but with some problems
(incoming data is discarded while pressing keys).

> As the original author of the PIC-an-LCD driver for LCDproc 3.5...

Hey, nice to meet you ;-).

> Thanks for pointing out the LoS. If they don't switch

Remember that free software needs cooperation!
I think it would be nice to maintain compatibility with 2313... ;-)

Bye.

--
* Pillon Matteo