[Lcdproc] Driver question

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Driver question
  • Date: Sat Jul 22 10:35:01 2006

On 21 Jul 2006 at 19:23, Anthony J. Mirabella wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a driver for the LCD on the Logitech G15 keyboard and
> I'm having some trouble with the heartbeat. As soon as I implement
> g15_icon the heartbeat stops displaying in the upper right corner. The
> function handles ICON_HEART_FILLED and ICON_HEART_OPEN but the only icon
> that seems to be drawn is ICON_BLOCK_FILLED. Even this doesn't flash,

Hi,

The server's driver framework has alternative implementations for vbar,
hbar, cursor, bignum, icon and heartbeat functions, that will be used if
the driver does not implement the function. For the heartbeat this
alternative function is implemented by calling the icon function for the
ICON_HEART_OPEN and ICON_HEART_CLOSED icons you mentioned. The icon
function alternative will place the "#" "-" and "+" characters you also
mentioned. All this is in server/driver.c

Maybe you already knew this, I hope this can be of help.

The heartbeat can also be disabled on global, per client or per screen
level. Then only a ICON_BLOCK_FILLED is drawn.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>