[Lcdproc] HD44780 serial?

  • From: ckruft AT dev0.sytes.net (Christian Kruft)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 serial?
  • Date: Mon Jul 17 11:28:01 2006

Mattia Jona-Lasinio schrieb:

I know, but this is not what I want.. I think is for connecting the LCD
to the PIC with less wires - but I want to connect the PIC to the serial
port /dev/ttyS0 and the LCD is connected with all wires to the PIC.

You understand?

PC (serial port) -> PIC (as converter) -> LCD 4bit

I want this because of showing lcdproc status while PC is on. When PC is
off, the PIC shows something other.

Sorry for bad english.