[Lcdproc] HD44780 serial?

  • From: buzz AT spacedout.nl (Bastiaan van den Berg)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 serial?
  • Date: Mon Jul 17 10:58:01 2006

There is information about this in the documentation

On 7/17/06, Christian Kruft
<ckruft AT dev0.sytes.net>
wrote:

Hey,

is there a way to connect a HD44780 series LCD to the serial port
/dev/ttyS0? I would use the microcontroller PIC16F873 (programming in
assembler) as converter connected to the serial port with a MAX232. In
docs I found the driver pic-an-lcd for HD44780. Google didn't find much
information about this module. Does anybody know how it works? I need
additional information about the data on the serial port, the order and
timings.

Christian Kruft
(http://dev0.sytes.net/)