[Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work
  • Date: Sun Jul 16 12:30:01 2006

Hi,

On Saturday, 15. July 2006 16:46, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Peter Marschall wrote:
> > Currently I am in the process of converting the CFontz driver to th
> > bignum library.
> > This should allow for for big number support (required for
> > the bigclock command in the LCdproc client).
> > Would you mind testing the changes when I am ready ?
>
> Sure, no problem. Just send me a private message with instructions. As
> you can tell, I don't follow this list too closely.

the instructions are very easy:
* Get the nightly tar ball from
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
* Extract, configure, make and install it as you did with
lcdproc 0.5

You might want to play with the option "NewFirmware" for best results.

Please report success/failure so that LCDproc can be made to support
CFontz 634 as good as possible.

Regards
Peter

--