[Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.
  • Date: Sun Jul 16 11:34:02 2006

Hi Robert,

On Thursday, 13. July 2006 16:40, Robert Mount wrote:
> On 7/1/06, Peter Marschall
> <peter AT adpm.de>
> wrote:
> > And now for something completely different:
> > Please try the latest CVS and report success/failure
> > so that I can sse whether my latest changes to the driver
> > work as intended
>
> Sorry for the delay. I'm reported back that the nightly build
> 20060712 compiles and functions properly with your recent changes to
> the Tyan driver.
>
> Thanks so much for the assistance. I'm assuming the GS10 will work
> perfectly, i'll report back if it does not.
>
> Also, for anyone who needs it here's a link to Tyan's GS10/GS12 LCD stuff:
>
> ftp://ftp.tyan.com/barebone_support/GS10-GS12%20LCD-Pack.zip
>
> It's got an old version of lcdproc (pretty useless) but also has some
> documentation about the panel itself including a specification PDF
> from the maker of the LCD (Winstar Display Co. LTD).

Thank you for the information. I added it to the LCDproc documentation.

BTW. did you notice that the documentation does not fit the code ?
The doc says key codes are 0xF2 - 0xF7 while in the code key
codes are 0xF2, 0xF3 and 0xF5 - 0xF8. The key code 0xF4 represents
error.
Since the latter is confirumed by your tests, the docs must be wrong.

Thanks
Peter

--
Peter Marschall