[Lcdproc] sed1520

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] sed1520
  • Date: Sun Jul 9 17:04:01 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 9. July 2006 14:23, Cornelius Koelbel wrote:
> Hi, it all looks very good.
> It is connected. At least it is set in the bios and also the
> /proc/ioports told me this. I removed the parport module and all the
> modules belonging to it and using the parallel port.
>
> I set the level to 5. Everything looked fine. As a test using an ncurses
> drivert it worked out.
>
> Please find attached the output of LCDd. I have not connected a client yet.

Hmmm, it looks alright.
The driver gets loaded and the server screen is being rendered.
On shutdown the "Goodbye"-Scrren is being rendered too.

So, from this point of view everything looks very promising.

I guess you still do not get anything displayed on the display, do you ?
If you don't, I am a bit lost (not knowning the hardware).
Possible causes where I'd start looking
- hardware: is the board O.K.; are the chips on it O.K,
what about the variable resistor ? Did you play around with it ?
- software: the low level functions of the driver (writecommand, ...)
might not be O.K
Maybe you can instrument them and find out how they
should behave

Hope it helps
Peter

--