[Lcdproc] sed1520

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] sed1520
  • Date: Sat Jul 8 17:34:01 2006

Hi,

On Monday, 3. July 2006 21:43, Cornelius Koelbel wrote:
> I built a display controller according to http://www.usblcd.de/lcdproc/.
> First thing: the display stays black and no backlight is lit.
> Since the backlight is controlled by the LPT, I guess it could also be
> something due to the software?
>
> I compiled the latest lcdproc 0.5
>
> This is my LCDd.conf
>
> --snip--
> [server]
> Driver=sed1520
> ReportLevel=4
> ReportToSyslog=no
> User=root
> [sed1520]
> Port=0x378
> --snip--
>
> Any ideas how I could debug this?
Here are a few hints:
* Check if the display is connected to the port with address 0x378
(those kinds of errors happen ;-))) ?
* Try to set the ReportLevel to 5 and post what the server says

Unfortunately the sed1520 driver has not seen very much attention lately.
This is mostly because of the lack of the hardware.

If you get the driver to work with your display I will gladly include the
patches into LCDproc.

Thanks in advance
Peter

--