[Lcdproc] Setting up my LCD display, seems to work but doesnt

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Setting up my LCD display, seems to work but doesnt
  • Date: Sat Jul 1 14:47:02 2006

Hi,

On Friday, 30. June 2006 22:57, Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> I have this Origen Dign H5 chassi with IRtrans LCD display. I've followed
> the install file, the user manual and some home tinkering also.
> Im running the 0.4.4 version of LCDproc.

LCDproc 0.4.4 is more than 2 years old and absolutely unmaintained.
Is there a specific reason you do not use 0.5

> even with all this, and it does seem like LCDd is setting up a server, and
> then i connect with
> lcdproc -s 127.0.0.1 K -p 13666

Do you have the server screen activated so that it shows the number of
connected clients and screens ?

Did you try with another screen than the big clock in the lcdproc client ?
Withe the exception of current CVS the big clock screen is not supported
on displays smaller than 20x4.

Please try to run server and client with reporting level set to 5 to see
what's going on.

Hope it helps
Peter
--