[Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.
  • Date: Sat Jul 1 08:00:02 2006

Hi

On Friday, 30. June 2006 15:32, Robert Mount wrote:
> I wasn't clear here, what i meant was that there's lots of sample
> (remmed out) "driver=" in the LCDd.conf file, the tyan entry is
> missing. Can you add it as a remmed out sample as well? There *is* a
> [tyan] section in the LCDd.conf file.

I am considering a rewite of this part of the config file to make
it clearer what drivers are available.

> I did do this again and got something slightly different:
> *****
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF6
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Left
> handle_input: left over key: "Left"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
>
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF5
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Right
> handle_input: left over key: "Right"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
>
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF7
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Up
> handle_input: reserved key: "Up"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
>
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF8
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Down
> handle_input: reserved key: "Down"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
>
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF2
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Enter
> handle_input: reserved key: "Enter"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
>
> tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF3
> Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Escape
> handle_input: left over key: "Escape"
> handle_input: key is for internal client
> *****

The aboe tells that the driver recognizes the key presses

> I have this in my LCDd.conf file:
> *****
> ##ToggleRotateKey=Enter
> ##PrevScreenKey=Left
> ##NextScreenKey=Right
> ##ScrollUpKey=Up
> ##ScrollDownKey=Down
>
> ## The menu section. The menu is an internal LCDproc client. ##
> [menu]
> # The following works excellent with 4 keys or more.
> ##MenuKey=Escape
> ##EnterKey=Enter
> ##UpKey=Up
> ##DownKey=Down
> # If you have 6 keys you may define these as well
> ##LeftKey=Left
> ##RightKey=Right
> *****
>
> As you can see, everything's remmed out, maybe that's part of the
> problem. Do i need to compile *and* run with them not remmed out, or
> can i just unrem them after i've compiled?

Yes, that may be the problem. Simple remove the #'es before the commands.
For changes in the LCDd.conf file to become active you do not need to
recompile LCDproc. A simple restart of LCDd does the trick.

> I must be missing
> something because i've tried combinations of both. The keys work, but
> i can't seem to get down lower than the "Options" menu.

What do you expect more to see on the menu screen ?

Unless you have configured LCDproc at compile time with the
--enable-testmenus or the --enable-lcdproc-menus options
or have an lcdexec client running, there will be only the Options entry
in the LCDd menu.
For the --enable-lcdproc-menus compile time option to to take effect
you even need to have an lcdproc client running.

If you have more than one screen on your LCD you may test whether
the keys work by pressing the Left / Right keys.
They should switch between the screens immediately instead of
giving each sreen its predefined display time.
Of course this requires the
PrevScreenKey=Left
NextScreenKey=Right
commands to be set in LCDd.conf

And now for something completely different:
Please try the latest CVS and report success/failure
so that I can sse whether my latest changes to the driver
work as intended

Hope it helps
PEter

--