[Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.

  • From: rmount AT pobox.com (Robert Mount)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.
  • Date: Fri Jun 30 13:33:03 2006

HI Peter,

> pleas keep your replies to the list.

Sorry, that was unintentional, i didn't "reply all" last time.

> Using ./configure --enable-drivers=all the tyan driver gets built fine.

Yes, i missed that step :-S Working now...

> LCDd.conf is considered a configuration file that may need to be adapted
> to the local environment.
> Setting "Driver=tyan" as the default would make lcdproc fail for all users

I wasn't clear here, what i meant was that there's lots of sample
(remmed out) "driver=" in the LCDd.conf file, the tyan entry is
missing. Can you add it as a remmed out sample as well? There *is* a
[tyan] section in the LCDd.conf file.

> > > LCDd -r 5 -s 0 -f 1 > LCDd.log 2>&1

I did do this again and got something slightly different:
*****
tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF6
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Left
handle_input: left over key: "Left"
handle_input: key is for internal client

tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF5
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Right
handle_input: left over key: "Right"
handle_input: key is for internal client

tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF7
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Up
handle_input: reserved key: "Up"
handle_input: key is for internal client

tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF8
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Down
handle_input: reserved key: "Down"
handle_input: key is for internal client

tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF2
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Enter
handle_input: reserved key: "Enter"
handle_input: key is for internal client

tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0xF3
Driver [tyan] generated keystroke Escape
handle_input: left over key: "Escape"
handle_input: key is for internal client
*****

I have this in my LCDd.conf file:
*****
##ToggleRotateKey=Enter
##PrevScreenKey=Left
##NextScreenKey=Right
##ScrollUpKey=Up
##ScrollDownKey=Down

## The menu section. The menu is an internal LCDproc client. ##
[menu]
# The following works excellent with 4 keys or more.
##MenuKey=Escape
##EnterKey=Enter
##UpKey=Up
##DownKey=Down
# If you have 6 keys you may define these as well
##LeftKey=Left
##RightKey=Right
*****

As you can see, everything's remmed out, maybe that's part of the
problem. Do i need to compile *and* run with them not remmed out, or
can i just unrem them after i've compiled? I must be missing
something because i've tried combinations of both. The keys work, but
i can't seem to get down lower than the "Options" menu.

Thanks for your help with this,
--Rob