[Lcdproc] CFA-635 LEDs

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CFA-635 LEDs
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 21:26:02 2006

On 27 Jun 2006 at 13:53, Randy Hammock wrote:

> I have add a hacked that works as long as only my clients are running
> where each client continuously updates the LED status rather than only
> when it has changed. This way, the LEDs always show the status for the
> current screen. Bad idea though. This is a bit if a bandwidth and CPU
> hog because of the constant traffic and updates.

Ah, I think you have a pretty unique situation. Most people want the leds
to keep functioning even when an other screen is in front. Or well
actually there are not many people that run multiple clients ;)

But why don't you only send the "output" commands when the server has
send you a "listening" and stop doing that when it has sent "ignoring" ?
That way the client in the front is the only one controlling the leds...

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>