[Lcdproc] CFA-635 LEDs

  • From: rhammock AT speakeasy.net (Randy Hammock)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CFA-635 LEDs
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 20:54:01 2006

Good news. Got my client (IRLP-LCD) controlling the LEDs.

Bad news. LED settings are global not client screen context sensitive.

In other words, when a client sets an LED, the LED status remains in
effect when another screen rotates in. Not exactly what I was hoping
for. My client monitors the operation of a VoIP radio link system. All
of the status bits are displayed on the LCD; however, I thought it would
be nice to monitor a few of the bits using the LEDs which would be very
easy to see across the room. Since I'm usually monitoring 1-4 systems,
the LED status becomes useless when monitoring more than 1 because of
it's global nature.

I have add a hacked that works as long as only my clients are running
where each client continuously updates the LED status rather than only
when it has changed. This way, the LEDs always show the status for the
current screen. Bad idea though. This is a bit if a bandwidth and CPU
hog because of the constant traffic and updates.

I'm looking at redoing the "output" command processing so that the LEDs
become screen context sensitive.
--
Randy Hammock KC6HUR
IRLP 4494 EchoLink 120688 (KC6HUR-L)