[Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work
  • Date: Sun Jun 25 11:45:02 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 25. June 2006 11:22, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> Peter Marschall wrote:
> > Another idea: Did you try running it with a higher contrast value ?
> > IIRC among the things that changed between 0.4.5 and 0.5 was an
> > expansion of the contrast range to [0, 1000] to make it the same as
> > other drivers.
>
> That did the trick. The original LCDd.conf file had the contrast set to
> 140. Increasing it to 500 made everything work.

I'm glad the issue was solved using this ieasy way.

Currently I am in the process of converting the CFontz driver to th
bignum library.
This should allow for for big number support (required for
the bigclock command in the LCdproc client).
Would you mind testing the changes when I am ready ?

Regards
Peter
--
Peter Marschall