[Lcdproc] CFontz driver buggy in LCDProc 0.5.0

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CFontz driver buggy in LCDProc 0.5.0
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 18:28:02 2006

Hi Sebastion,

On Thursday, 8. June 2006 20:58, Leeman2000 wrote:
> I'm new to the mailing list but I've used LCDProc since early 0.4.5
> versions with my CFontz 634 V2, and I love this software !
> Since I've reinstalled my server I wanted to tryout the newer 0.5.0
> version which compiled fine, but I've found some "little" problems
> with the CFontz driver like non working bignums (lcdproc K) it only
> displays groups of =A7 and =F6 which are changing position devided by : <
> kind of funny looking :)
>
> , the heartbeat seems to be "corrupted" it is displayed as a kind of
> little block on the upper right corner with some spaces and lines in it
> whitch are moving < kind of funny looking too :)
> , the horizontal bars seem to be corrupted as well since there are some
> pixels missing ? < not verry funny looking but strange :)
> and last but not least something which I don't know if it's a bug or
> normal, the characters don't have the height of 8 but 7 pixels and the
> width of 5 not 6

Unfortunately I do not have a CF634 myself so I cannot test and need to rely
on testers' feedback or patches sent in by contributors.

Most of the problems you describe are connected to used defined
characters: heartbeat icons, big numbers, horizontal bars.
Do the vertical bars work correctly ?

Looking at the character definition function I guess I have spotted a=20
potential problem and subsequently fixed it in CVS head.

Please test with tonight's (tomorrow's) nightly tar ball from=20
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz
and send back information whether it helped.

Regarding the 8x6 vs. 7x5 issue: Are the characters really different in 0.4=
=2E5?
I tend to doubt it. On my CFA-635 (another CF display, but from another ser=
ies
a character cell is 8x6, but the characters are only 5 pixels wide to have
some room between them (otherwise they would be glued together). With the=
=20
hight it is similar: for regular characters the last (bottom-most) pixel li=
ne=20
is empty to separate the lines and allow for an underline cursor.

> Don't get me wrong I love this software and even use it with these
> "bugs" but if no one say's it there's no one who will look for this :)
> like I sayed I've got a display V2 on my serial port I hope I've wrought
> all the information necessary and please excuse me for my poor english,
> it's been some time
> since school.

No offense taken. I want LCDproc to be as good as possible.

> Eventually I should mention that my system uses UTF-8 if that could
> possibly causing the problems.

This should not matter as long as you do not try to display characters=20
beyond the 7-bit ASCII range.

Hope it helps
Peter

=2D-=20