[Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 17:38:02 2006

Hi Richard,

On Wednesday, 14. June 2006 00:34, Richard van den Berg wrote:
> I have been using lcdproc 0.4.5 successfully with my CrystalFontz 634
> USB with the following config:
>
> [CFontz]
> Device=/dev/ttyUSB0
> Size=20x4
> Contrast=140
> Speed=19200
> NewFirmware=yes
> Reboot=no
> USB=yes
>
> I have tried these same setting with 0.5.0 but the screen stays blank
> (whatever is on the screen gets cleared). I added some debugging to the
> C code to make sure the driver uses USB to drive the LCD (it does).
>
> Does any one have this LCD working with lcdproc 0.5.0? Any pointers or
> suggestions are welcome.

Would you mind to try running it with reporting set to the highest level
to see what the driver reports ?

Another idea: Did you try running it with a higher contrast value ?
IIRC among the things that changed between 0.4.5 and 0.5 was an
expansion of the contrast range to [0, 1000] to make it the same as
other drivers.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hope it helps
Peter