[Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig
  • Date: Sun Jun 18 12:34:01 2006

Hi,

On Friday, 16. June 2006 11:56, Robin Cornelius wrote:
> What made me think it was ldconfig is that if the driver name is not a
> internal driver to the LCDd server then it tries to dlopen(drivername)
> in driver.c. I have tried the driver path option and it doesn't help me.
>
> What does is creating a simlink from libglcd.so to glcdlib.so and then
> in LCDd.conf using a driver name of libglcd and a config section of
> [libglcd]. So i really think the driver should be renamed.

The driver named glcdlib is part of LCDproc and is loaded from the
path pointed to by the DriverPath config option in LCDd.conf
By default LCDd tries to load a .so file with the same base name as
as the driver name in the square brackets.
I.e. [glcdlib] => load glcdlib.so from the directory in DriverPath.

By creating a symlink and renaming the driver in the config you make
sure the logic described above works with another name (libglcd
instead of glcdlib).
I cannot see any functional difference to the original name so why
should the driver be renamed ?

> I still have one make install issue and that is the docs don't get
> installed on my system :-
>
> >From make install in lcdproc :-
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/docs/lcdproc-dev'
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/docs/lcdproc-dev'
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/docs'
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/lcdproc-0.5.0/docs'
> make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/man/man1
> mkdir -p -- /usr/local/man/man1
> mkdir: `/usr/local/man/man1' exists but is not a directory
> make[3]: *** [install-man1] Error 1

mkdir fails to create `/usr/local/man/man1' because it is already there and
is
no directory.

This looks like a local problem in your build environment.
The structure of manual directories is well defined: According to FHS man1 is
a subdirectory holding the man pages of section 1.
Maybe you need to point the configure option --mandir to a different
directory ?!

Hope it hleps
Peter

--