[Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780
  • Date: Sun Jun 18 11:48:02 2006

Hi Robin,

sorry it took so long to answer to your mail.

On Tuesday, 13. June 2006 00:33, Robin Gilks wrote:
> > Getting somewhere at last - the protocol HAS changed (again undocumented)
> > such that client_add_key now takes an argv list rather than a single
> > string containing all the single character keys to be used by the
> > external client.

You are right: the protocol btween 0.4.x and 0.5.x is different.
While 0.4.x uses single characters for key input, 0.5.x uses strings.
of course this effects the functions handling the keys.

> > I at least get something to happen now by using a space seperated list of
> > keys rather than a concatenated list (was CDBLQA, now C D B L Q A) but
> > the mapping is off for some reason. More diagnostics to be put into place
> > methinks to see what actually gets SENT to the client rather that just
> > what key presses get seen.

client_add_key is one of those functions affected; with strings as key names
it was no longer possible to concatenate them without spaces.

> That was indeed the problem - my app has now been changed to account for
> the new API and it works very well (the detection seems much more reliable
> than 0.4.5).
>
> This is what I ended up with for the mapping to emulate the single column
> I'm interested in - the defaults only go from A to D (why has the rest of
> the array been changed to NULLs?).

Unfortunately I don't have a HD44780 display with keypad so I cannot tell
a sensible logical mapping.
If you send me patches I'll update the CVS accordingly.

Thanks in advance
Peter

--
Peter Marschall