[Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Tyan GS12 lcd keypad, up/down not working.
  • Date: Sun Jun 18 11:19:01 2006

Hi Robert,

On Thursday, 1. June 2006 22:05, Robert Mount wrote:
> Thanks to past users of this email list, i've managed to get
> everything compiled and running on my GS12 :-)
>
> However, my up and down arrow don't appear to be working. At least, i
> can see past the "Options" menu (tyan has a 2 line display). I know
> there's more there based on the screenshots.

Whebn I added the tyan driver to LCDproc I found nobody with the hardware
so that I was not sure whether the driver works correctly.

If you are willing to help we can improve the driver together.

I have added debugging output to the tyan driver in CVS HEAD.
It will be in tonight's nightly tarball
http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/nightly/lcdproc-CVS-current.tar.gz

Please try it running the LCDd daemon with report level 5, reporting set
stdout/stderr and the output redirected to a file:
LCDd -r 5 -s 0 -f 1 > LCDd.log 2>&1

With this configuration it should write a line of the form
tyan: get_key(): raw key code: 0x??
for every key pressed on LCD. For untreated keys it should log a line of the
form
tyan: Untreated key 0x??

Would you mind to test and send me the mappings
key pressed - raw key code

Maybe your LCD has a different mapping.

After this is done I'd like to improve the driver a bit more:
- vertical and horizontal bars
- big numbers

For all this I need a tester.
Are you willing to help ?