[Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig

  • From: g8ecj AT gilks.org (Robin Gilks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig
  • Date: Fri Jun 16 08:52:01 2006

[snip]

> in the LCDd.conf i have :-
>
> Driver=glcdlib
>
> and a section :-
>
> [glcdlib]
> Driver=ks0108
>
> The "make install" for lcdproc has placed the glcdlib.so in
> /usr/local/lib/lcdproc
>
> This is where the problems start, when running LCDd i get a fail message
> unable to locate glcdlib.so. /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/lcdproc
> are in my /etc/ld.so.conf. It appears that (my version of?) ldconfig
> will *not* cache libs unless the file name starts with lib , ldconfig
> seems to ignore glcdlib.so but will cache libglcd.so (if i rename the
> file). Ok so i renamed glcdlib.so to libglcd.so and hotwired driver.c
> in lcdproc to load the correct file.

I'm quite new to lcdproc, having only hacked at it for a week or so but my
understanding of the drivers is that DriverPath in LCDd.conf has to be set
to find the lib - nothing to do with ldconfig
DriverPath = /usr/local/lib/lcdproc/
Note the trailing '/'

> Next problem,

Can't help here - maybe a problem inherited from above?

--
Robin Gilks