[Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig

  • From: robin.cornelius AT hirst-magnetics.com (Robin Cornelius)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] glcdlib and ldconfig
  • Date: Fri Jun 16 08:08:04 2006

Hi,

I am having a few problems with lcdproc and the glcdlib. I will explain
what i have done in case i have missed something simple, that you can
then flame me for :-)

(Thanks for the graphlcd interface work for lcdproc and for lcdproc!)

My system is debian sarge, I have compiled and installed :-

graphlcd-base-0.1.3 (this all works, the example tools will put graphics
and text on my display)
glcdprocdriver-0.0.2
lcdproc-0.5.0 (with the --enable-drivers=glcdlib configure option)

Everything ok (except one small problem to do with documentation install)

in the LCDd.conf i have :-

Driver=glcdlib

and a section :-

[glcdlib]
Driver=ks0108

The "make install" for lcdproc has placed the glcdlib.so in
/usr/local/lib/lcdproc

This is where the problems start, when running LCDd i get a fail message
unable to locate glcdlib.so. /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/lcdproc
are in my /etc/ld.so.conf. It appears that (my version of?) ldconfig
will *not* cache libs unless the file name starts with lib , ldconfig
seems to ignore glcdlib.so but will cache libglcd.so (if i rename the
file). Ok so i renamed glcdlib.so to libglcd.so and hotwired driver.c
in lcdproc to load the correct file.

Next problem,

I now get libglcd.so loading with dlopen() ok but the driver is
returning 0 for the width and height of the display so i get the message
"[glcdlib] has invalid display size". (I actually checked in drivers.c
for the width and height return), then i get a "Floating point exception".

I have started looking through the code to see what has happened but i
though I would ask if I am missing some instructions or if you know what
my problem is.

Many thanks for any help

Best regards

Robin Cornelius