[Lcdproc] 2 line BIGNUM display on HD47780

  • From: g8ecj AT gilks.org (Robin Gilks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 2 line BIGNUM display on HD47780
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 10:13:01 2006

Greetings

I know that the current implementation of BIGNUM on the HD47780 display
requires at least 4 lines, I wondered if anyone had done it on a two line
display using the 8 available user defined characters.

I've whipped up two character sets (on paper only so far), one that is one
char wide and 2 lines tall and the other 2 chars wide and 2 lines tall.
I'm mostly trying for a clock I can read across the room (funny how the
eyes start to fade after over half a century!), so I'm only looking for
0-9 and a seperator of some sort (colon or whatever).

If someone has already got this wheel, I won't reinvent, it but if there
is nothing available in anyones patch library then I'll implement the two
ideas I have to see which is the more readable.

Cheers for now...

--
Robin Gilks