[Lcdproc] HD44780 and lpt port wiring diagram

  • From: paulr AT kiwiland.net.nz (paulr AT kiwiland.net.nz)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 and lpt port wiring diagram
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 06:43:02 2006

Could someone please point me in the direction of the correct wiring
diagram for connecting a HD44780 (20x4) line lcd port to the parallel port
for LCDproc. The diagram I am using at the moment works fine under windows
using the CrystalFontz test program but using LCDproc I get what I can
best descibe as initialization patterns. screen panels flickering on and
off in random order.

Basically when I power up the macine I get the 1st and 3rd lines activated.
When I start LCDd the screen flickers before reverting to 1/3rd lines
activated
When I start LCDproc the screen flickers between 1&3lines activated to a
half activated display. It just cycles around like this. No details below
the base 20x4 lines. Almost like it is having problems syncing.

If I use the Crystalfontz test util text displays fine.

Folow the link to see the wiring diagram I have used. The diagram on the
LCDproc site seems to have vanished.

Paul