[Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work

  • From: richard AT vdberg.org (Richard van den Berg)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 0.5.0 CFontz with CF634 USB does not work
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 22:36:01 2006

I have been using lcdproc 0.4.5 successfully with my CrystalFontz 634
USB with the following config:

[CFontz]
Device=/dev/ttyUSB0
Size=20x4
Contrast=140
Speed=19200
NewFirmware=yes
Reboot=no
USB=yes

I have tried these same setting with 0.5.0 but the screen stays blank
(whatever is on the screen gets cleared). I added some debugging to the
C code to make sure the driver uses USB to drive the LCD (it does).

Does any one have this LCD working with lcdproc 0.5.0? Any pointers or
suggestions are welcome.

Sincerely,

Richard van den Berg