[Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780

  • From: g8ecj AT gilks.org (Robin Gilks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780
  • Date: Mon Jun 12 22:34:03 2006

> Getting somewhere at last - the protocol HAS changed (again undocumented)
> such that client_add_key now takes an argv list rather than a single
> string containing all the single character keys to be used by the external
> client.
>
> I at least get something to happen now by using a space seperated list of
> keys rather than a concatenated list (was CDBLQA, now C D B L Q A) but the
> mapping is off for some reason. More diagnostics to be put into place
> methinks to see what actually gets SENT to the client rather that just
> what key presses get seen.

That was indeed the problem - my app has now been changed to account for
the new API and it works very well (the detection seems much more reliable
than 0.4.5).

This is what I ended up with for the mapping to emulate the single column
I'm interested in - the defaults only go from A to D (why has the rest of
the array been changed to NULLs?).

KeyMatrix_4_1=A
KeyMatrix_4_2=B
KeyMatrix_4_3=C