[Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780

  • From: g8ecj AT gilks.org (Robin Gilks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780
  • Date: Sat Jun 10 00:05:03 2006

> Try
>
> KeyDirect_1=Up
> KeyDirect_2=Right
> KeyDirect_3=Down
> KeyDirect_4=Left
>
> I may not have them quite properly aligned.
>
> andrew
>
> Robin Gilks wrote:
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> I've just updated from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0 and the display side is working
>> great - no such luck with the keypad though :-(
>>
>> The keys I'm using are a single column which in 0.4.5 produce A B C D L
>> and Q.
>>

>> I *thought* that setting the following:
>> KeyMatrix_4_1=A
>> KeyMatrix_4_2=B
>> KeyMatrix_4_3=C
>> KeyMatrix_4_4=D
>> KeyMatrix_4_5=L
>> KeyMatrix_4_6=Q
>>
>> would do the trick but nope!
>>

>> The default config file has the following commands in it:
>> KeyMatrix_4_1=Enter
>> KeyMatrix_4_2=Up
>> KeyMatrix_4_3=Down
>> KeyMatrix_4_4=Escape
>>

>> When I press (what was) the 'A' key, I get a 'HOLD' or 'ROTATE' appear
>> in
>> the bottom right of the display. I guess that is something to do with
>> the
>> default lines:
>> ToggleRotateKey=Enter
>> PrevScreenKey=Left
>> NextScreenKey=Right
>>
>> so that Enter is getting mapped a second time to ToggleRotate - even
>> though I have the serverscreen turned off! (mind boggles...). Should
>> these
>> lines really be in the [server] section of the config file? They look
>> like
>> menu stuff to me.
>>
>> The questions really are:
>> 1. Are the matrix key maps numbered 1... or 0... for each coord?
>> 2. Do I still have the use the Free...Key commands, if so how are they
>> labeled now?
>> 3. What is the relevance of the ToggleRotate et al keys if the
>> serverscreen is off?
>> 4. Does someone have a default config file that maps onto the behaviour
>> of
>> 0.4.5?
>> 5. Are there two levels of indirection to get back to the original 0.4.5
>> single letter keypad return values?
>> 6. Does LCDd still send stuff to an external client the same way or has
>> the protocol all changed like the screen priorities did?

I'm confused - where does setting DirectKeys to Up,Down,Left,Right map to
A,B,C,D etc for a single column of matrix keys?

Is there another set of maps that have to go into the config file to
convert the Up,Down,Left,Right strings to the single letter output all my
apps require to be compatible with 0.4.5?

Do I have to rewrite all my apps due to an interface change?

--
Robin Gilks