[Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780

  • From: g8ecj AT gilks.org (Robin Gilks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 0.5.0 keypad on hd47780
  • Date: Fri Jun 9 12:03:02 2006

Greetings

I've just updated from 0.4.5 to 0.5.0 and the display side is working
great - no such luck with the keypad though :-(

The keys I'm using are a single column which in 0.4.5 produce A B C D L
and Q.

I *thought* that setting the following:
KeyMatrix_4_1=A
KeyMatrix_4_2=B
KeyMatrix_4_3=C
KeyMatrix_4_4=D
KeyMatrix_4_5=L
KeyMatrix_4_6=Q

would do the trick but nope!

The default config file has the following commands in it:
KeyMatrix_4_1=Enter
KeyMatrix_4_2=Up
KeyMatrix_4_3=Down
KeyMatrix_4_4=Escape

When I press (what was) the 'A' key, I get a 'HOLD' or 'ROTATE' appear in
the bottom right of the display. I guess that is something to do with the
default lines:
ToggleRotateKey=Enter
PrevScreenKey=Left
NextScreenKey=Right

so that Enter is getting mapped a second time to ToggleRotate - even
though I have the serverscreen turned off! (mind boggles...). Should these
lines really be in the [server] section of the config file? They look like
menu stuff to me.

The questions really are:
1. Are the matrix key maps numbered 1... or 0... for each coord?
2. Do I still have the use the Free...Key commands, if so how are they
labeled now?
3. What is the relevance of the ToggleRotate et al keys if the
serverscreen is off?
4. Does someone have a default config file that maps onto the behaviour of
0.4.5?
5. Are there two levels of indirection to get back to the original 0.4.5
single letter keypad return values?
6. Does LCDd still send stuff to an external client the same way or has
the protocol all changed like the screen priorities did?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks