[Lcdproc] IRTrans with LCD Proc

  • From: ragnarok_it AT yahoo.com (Joe Plunkett)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] IRTrans with LCD Proc
  • Date: Thu May 25 14:29:01 2006

Hi,

Sorry for the noise on what I assume is in some way shape or form a silly
question.

I just picked up one of the zalman HD160's for my HTPC & it comes with one
of the Origin VFD's http://www.origenae.com/product_vfd.htm -- this is
apparently a device made by irtrans -- and they provide some software at
http://www.irtrans.de/en/download/linux.php which appears to be based
around lcdproc version 0.4.3 -- which is all well and good except for
whatever reason on my FC5 box running kernel version 2.6.16 the silly thing
segfaults on me whenever I try and run LCDd...

So, I sucked down LCD proc 0.5.0 -- but lo and behold there is no irtrans
driver, but there claimed to be an lirc driver (which I was hoping would
work since the irtrans server thing is apparently an lircd daemon
replacement -- however a configure --enable-driver=lirc has some error about
no driver being found and although there is a .c and a .h file for lircthere
is no method for making any of that jazz in the make files...

The end-all question here really is, has/is anyone using lcdproc 0.5 with
this VFD ? What do I need to do to make it go?

Absent any response I will probably rebuild 0.4.3 tonight and fire up old
gdb & try and fix the seg fault, but I would prefer to use the more "modern"
software if possible (esp. if support is there but I'm just being
boneheaded).

Thanks in advance.

~joe