[Lcdproc] New unified serial driver

  • From: matteo.pillon AT email.it (Matteo Pillon)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New unified serial driver
  • Date: Sun May 21 10:08:01 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 07:20:27PM +0200, Peter Marschall wrote:
> Hi Matteo,

Hi Peter.

> On Wednesday, 3. May 2006 22:35, Matteo Pillon wrote:
> > I've set up a wiki page about this patch:
> > http://wiki.ilc.pd.it/ilc_wiki/LcdprocSerial
> >
> > There's also an updated version that applies against 0.5.0.
>
> Would you mind if i include the patch into LCDproc CVS ?

Currently the patch doesn't add any new feature to lcdproc (apart from
bitrate selection).
Erik has just finished working on the hardware part, so I can start
working on backlight and keypad support.
I think it's worth including into cvs only when the schematics of the
connection are available and the driver is ready (with some
documentation ;-).

> One comment though:
> IHMO using a further parameter to select between "sub-connection types"
> introduces an unnecessary parameter.
>
> What about associationg the new driver with the three connection types
> in hd44780-drivers.h to get it referenced by any of these connection types
> and to read the "ConnectionType" config parameter in the init routine to get
> the select which device is really wanted.

Uhmmm... good idea!
I will also reuse the previous naming scheme. This will make
upgrading less painful ;-).

Bye.

--
* Pillon Matteo