[Lcdproc] New unified serial driver

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] New unified serial driver
  • Date: Sat May 20 17:17:02 2006

Hi Matteo,

On Wednesday, 3. May 2006 22:35, Matteo Pillon wrote:
> I've set up a wiki page about this patch:
> http://wiki.ilc.pd.it/ilc_wiki/LcdprocSerial
>
> There's also an updated version that applies against 0.5.0.

Would you mind if i include the patch into LCDproc CVS ?

One comment though:
IHMO using a further parameter to select between "sub-connection types"
introduces an unnecessary parameter.

What about associationg the new driver with the three connection types
in hd44780-drivers.h to get it referenced by any of these connection types
and to read the "ConnectionType" config parameter in the init routine to get
the select which device is really wanted.

Regards
Peter

--
Peter Marschall