[Lcdproc] Medion MD8800 LCD display.

  • From: ethan.dicks AT gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Medion MD8800 LCD display.
  • Date: Fri May 12 12:46:01 2006

On 5/13/06, Martin M=F8ller
<martin AT martinm-76.dk>
wrote:
> Please, could this get committed to CVS? It works without incident and it
> would be nice if it would *just work* for people in the not so distant
> future..

Having recently followed various links, I'm actually surprised to
learn that the MD8800 is a part of an "Aldi" PC... I have an Aldi's so
close to my house I can see its rooftops from my attic - it's
literally 3 blocks away, and that's only because I have to walk/drive
one block North, one block East, then one block South to get to it.
If there weren't houses between me and it, the distance would be an
entire city block... and... while they excel at cheap house-brand
groceries, frozen food, and produce... their stock of "geek toys" is
limited to digital cameras, thumb drives, and WWV "atomic" clocks.

Can anyone confirm/deny that the PC in the ads with the MD8800
display is or is not available in the States? I happen to have a
couple of LCDproc VFDs myself (including a 4x20 Matrix Orbital), but
I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting displays.

-ethan